1.name five causes of distended uterus.
11.what is the active management of third stage of labor?
i.v. ergometrine is given following the birth of anterior shoulder.
the placenta is delivered by the controlled cord traction soon after the
delivery of the baby availing first uterine contraction.
if the first attempt fails, another attempt is made after 2-3 minutes
failing which another attempt is made at 10 minutes.
2.give the composition of ors.
if this still fails, manual removal is done.
nacl 3.5 g (60 nm)
finally oxytocin 5-1- units i.v. is given.
kcl 1.5 g (20 nm)
sodium citrate 2.9 g (30 nm)
12.give the clinical features of iridocyclitis.
glucose 20 g (110 nm)
circumcorneal injection occurs.
there may be white specks visible on the posterior surface of the
3.what are the risk factors of surgical infection?
cornea. (keratitic precipitates)
· poor surgical technique
the pupil may be constricted and irregular due to the formation of
· metabolic disease (diabetes, jaundice)
adhesions (posterior synechiae) between the edge of the pupil and the
· immuno suppression
anterior surface of the lens.
· poor perfusion (local ischemia or systemic shock)
· foreign body material
4.name the causative agent of:
short answer questions:
i. plague yersinia pestis
five complications of radiotherapy?
ii. anthrax bacillus anthracis
five complications of dka (diabetic ketoacedosis)?
iii. diphtheria corynebacterium diptheriae
extended program of immunization
iv. trachoma chlamydia trachomatis
five clinical features of intussusception?
v. leprosy mycobacterium leprae
treatment of csom (chronic suppurative otitis media)
treatment of ectopic pregnancy.
5.what are the complications of ludwig's angina?
usg in third trimester.
assessment of pem
classification of leprosy
five skin manifestations of hiv aids
methods of nutritional assessments?
6.what are the possible adverse reactions of blood transfusions?
· congestive heart failure
multiple choice questioins:
· transfusion reaction
a newborn child with heart rate 88, poor cry, minimal respiratory
effort,hypotonic with slight movements of the arm . what is the apgar
· coagulation failure
a child with pustules along with maculopapular rashes. what is the
diagnosis? ans: chicken pox
7.name the complications of pneumonia.
least antiemetic inducing preanesthetic drug: thiopentone, propofol, na
valproate, ketamine ans. propofol
retention of sputum causing lobar collapse
development of thrombo embolic disease
pneumothorax – particularly with staphylococcus aureus
rx of three spike wave (absence seizure)?ethosuximide, na valproate,
8.give five causes of pathological sinus bradycardia.
rta with head injury with gcs 9 most likely to be given fluid is? rl, ns
,5% dextrose, dns
7m child with b/l wheeze during winter ans bronchilolitis
sinus node disease (sick sinus syndrome)
a dyspnic pt. comes with decreased vical freitus, dull on percussion,
9.name the different cerebellar signs.
trachea shifted to opposite side ans. pleural effusion
postural changes and alteration of gait
thyroid surgery – which nerve get damaged, ans. recurrent laryngeal
disturbance of voluntary movement (ataxia)
disturbances of reflexes (pendular knee jerk)
appendix perforate which one is true: a. not common in <2yrs,
disturbance of ocular movement (nystagmus)
management is same in pregnanat, common in children,
disorder of speech (dysarthria)
murmur – ans: rheumatic heart disease
10.name five anti retro viral drugs.
indication for caeserian section
fb in ear extraction – what is the temperature of the warm water 31-
32, 33-34, 35-36, 36-37
pre vaccination requirement
an 18 year old girl brought to er with respiratory depression, miosis,
• idiopathic hypertrophic subaortic stenosis
profuse secretions, bradycardia etc. ans: op poisoning
in which bone disease methotrexate used: paget's, perthe's, oa,
8. where do you find mid diastolic murmur, pansystolic murmur, and
early diastolic murmur altogether?
how long scabies remains without treatment, 3wk, 3 month, 1yr,
please search the answer yourself.
9. a patient with a fracture of neck of femur comes with a complaint
all are present in rigor mortis except: mol. death, duration of 12-18 hr,
of dyspnoea. why do you think has happened?
(2 more option could be remember)
what is the least common of eclampsia : headache, proteinurea,
blurring of vision, epigastric pain
10. which of the following fractures is best healed?
what is a felon? ans: a suppurative abscess in distal phalanx of finger.
11. painless hematuria occurs in:
why there is hypertension in spinal anaesthesia ans is vasomotor
please find the answer yourself.
12. carcinoma of bladder is a type of: _
dissociation is more common in mania, schizophrenia, depression,
what do you give in alcohol withdrawal? thiamine, haloperidole, vit.
13. a 70 year old man comes with a history of dysuria, what may be
what do you give in vt ans is xylocard.
the most liable cause?
a 3 yr child weighing 10 kg with sever dehydration can't take orally,
to answer this question be familiar with fluid calculation.
14. which is the most commonly injured organ during penetrating
injury to abdomen?
6 wk pregnant, come with vaginal bleeding, usg suspect ectopic
pregnancy which one is the best next possible investigation, beta hcg,
leproscopy, x-ray abdomen
15. rashes and abdominal pain is suggestive of –
henochs scholein purpura.
a man dies on plain crash, which one is identifying feature: skull x-
ray, pelvic x-ray, dental x-ray, chest x-ray.
16. which of the following is the diagnostic investigation of choice in
case of trauma to chest?
chemoprophylaxis is indicated in all except, pellagra, hepatitis a,
17. which of the following is the drug that causes gum hypertrophy?
causative agents for portal hypertension ans. cistosomiasis
18. which of the following causes joint pain as the most common
where is the defect in muscular dystrophy? ans. dystrophin
a pt. come with chronic non healing ulcer suger is 26 mmole what
may be the possible diagnosis - tropical ulcer, tubercular ulcer,
19. which of the following drugs causes steven johnson syndrome?
malignant ulcer, syphilitic ulcer
which organism causes anaemia - scaris lubricoud, t. saginata, t.
20. what is the indication for tympanicectomy?
trichuriasis, pig tape worm
1. what is called the poor mans meat?
21. colustrum contains the highest amount of-
22. allergic conjunctivitis-
2. which of the following is the commonest site of endometriosis?
23. what is the clinical finding in whooping cough?
3. what is the target value of imr?
24. what is the clinical symptom that suggests psychosis?
4. what is the dose of tt given in pregnancy?
in case of previously un-immunized cases, two doses of 0.5 ml tt im at
25. neurosis – transient
6 weeks interval, first between 16-24 weeks. in previously
immunized, a booster dose of 0.5 ml im in last trimester.
26. which of the congenital heart disease doesn't cause heart failure?
tetralogy of fallot
5. in the health centre a boy 10 years old comes with colles fracture.
which kind of anaesthesia would you give?
27. what is the genetic make up in a case of turner's syndrome?
28. white discharge is seen in cervicitis. ( there were other options as
6. what would be the most suitable treatment for a fracture of neck of
femur in a 40 year old male who comes to you after two days?
closed reduction and internal fixation
29. commonest agent that cause vaginitis- candida albicans
7. where do you find pulsus biferans?
30. which of the following is not the clinical feature of fibroids –
• combined aortic stenosis and regurgitation
• pure aortic regurgitation
31. which of the following is the most dangerous tumour of the female
was there on the follwoing day. so this is our small effort to share this
genital tract? – ovarian tumour
questions that we came in our nmle exam. we tried our level best to
recollect all the questtion but we couldn't you know its human mind.
33. which of the following is the commonest causative organism of
upper uti? – e coli
so, our suggestion is "healthy internship is the best way to pass nmle
34. post streptococcal glomerulonephritis causes nephrotic syndrome
35. when is iucd applied? – 5th day of menstruation
36. which nerve is damaged in carpel tunnel syndrome? –median
bes of luck for those who will appear in the future nmles.
37. which of the following viruses is a dna virus? –hepatitis b
38. vertical transmission is seen in – hepatitis b
give five causes of gradual painless loss of vision.
39. hepatocellular carcinoma can be caused by- hepatitis b virus
40 yr old man present with engorge vein in the neck
40. what is the concentration of oxygen in umbobag? ans is 20.009
diagnosed to have retrosternal goiter, write four other
symptoms associated with this disease.?
41. what would be the most suitable treatment for a boy with
name five regional organizaion of who with their location.
south east asia – new delhi, india.
42. what is the most common cause of post partum hemorrhage?
– brazzavilli, congo.
– washington dc, usa.
43. which of the following is the feature of beurgers disease? absent
– copenhgen, denmark.
– alexandria, egypt.
– manila, philipins.
44. allergic dermatitis is caused by- nickel 45. which of the following is used as a protection against x-ray
give five cause of postmenopausal bleeding.
radiation? - lead
give five causes of hoarseness of voice.
give five causes of cyanotic heart disease.
46. what do these features suggest: -acute viral conjunctivitis
name five organism responsible causing dysentery in
children in nepal.
47. trachoma is caused by chlamydia trachomatis
a 50 yr old man smoker and alcoholic since last 30 yrs
presented with icterus and abdominal distension what is the
48. in children what is the most common cause of unilateral nasal
most likely diagnosis? name three investigation to diagnose
obstruction with foul smell? foreign body obstruction.
the condition. (ans: alcoholic liver cirrhosis. inv – lft, ascitic
fluid analysis, ugi, usg ect)
49. what would you do in a hypertensive patient who comes with
epistaxis? anterior nasal packing and glycerine.
a 14 yr old child gives the history of continuous fever since
last seven days. on examination temp 102 f, pulse 80/min,
50. all are true about mumps except-
bp 120/80 mm of hg, chest and cvs normal, spleenic tip
• always bilateral
palpable. what is the most likely diagnosis? write two
• associated with testicular pain
investigations to support your diagnosis and treatment plan.
• vaccine is effective
8 week pregnant woman presented with pain abdomen and
brownish discharge per vagina give your differential
51. what is the commonest mode of infection of leprosy? – droplet
diagnosis and how will your diagnosis.
name five components of phc (primary health care) in nepal.
52. partial dislocation of joint is called- sublaxation.
53. which of the following is secondary skin lesion?
1. 60 yr old man presented with generalized swelling of the body and
shortness of breath. on examination there is pulsatile liver. what is the
a. pulsus bisferines
54. three month infant with projectile non-bilious vomiting and
b. prominent v wave on jvp
palpable mass in the right hypochondrium
c. systolic murmur increased during expiration
• duodenal atresia
d. oxygen saturation
• congenital hpertrophic pyloric stenosis
• gastric cancer
2. a 14 year old boy presented with fever, chest pain, cough on
nmle question september 2, 2006 - 12-09-2006, 07:42 pm
examination temp 101 f, percussion – dullness in the right subscapular
region with bronchial breath sound.
the day before exam was a horrifying situation, receiving different
a. bronchipneumonia is the diagnosis
calls .and question papers. however after receiving question paper we
b. wheezes are expected
had a mixed feeling, neither happy nor sad!!! none of the questioned
c. crackles are expected
a. occurs in nulliparous
d. all of the above
b. aggravted by cough
c. pessary is the permanent treatmaent
3. a 60 yr old man presented with left sided chest pain, on ecg there is
st segment elevation in lead ii, iii and avf with reciprocal depression
14.nephrotoxic drug is
in lead avl and i. what is the diagnosis?
a. anterior wall mi
b. posterior wall mi
c. inferior wall mi
d. lateral wall mi
15.drug that is avoided in pregnancy
4. 16 yr old boy gives the history of continuous fever of last 7 days on
examination temp 104 f, pulse 90/min with coated tounge, chest, cvs,
p/a are normal, what is the probable diagnosis?
16.commonest complication of ovarian cyst-
c. enteric fever
5. 12year old male c/o of fleeting joimt pain and arthritis with
subcutaneous nodule .0n ecg there is increased pr interval .what is
17. a boy c/o fever ,headache and vomiting showed maculopapular
rashes all over the body . the organism is
6. 60 yr old female c/o swelling in the body ,cold intolerence,
18. a 3yr old boy is c/o cough since the last 100dys with repeated
slowness in activity. o/e pulse -54/min with delayed relaxation of knee
episodes of vomiting. the diagnosis is
jerk. her blood examination will show-
a. whooping cough
19. 70 yr old man with dm2 developed bpof 160/100 .the drug of
7. serum cretinine level in mg% is
20. imr is mortality of
8. following antitb drug is
b. <30 days old
d. <10 yr old
21. xerophthalmia is caused due to deficiency of
9. 8+weeks old pregnant presented with pain abdomen and vaginal
vitals stable.diagnosis is
a. incomlete abortion
b. complete abortion
c. threatened abortion
22. a 72 yr old man is c/o gradual painless of vision with cloudy
d. ectopic pregnancy
papillary reflex .the diagnosis is
10. a doctor is graded good in the society
b. retinal detachment
a. by the knowledge he posseses
b by the skill he possesses
c.good behaviour in the society
23. quinsy is pus in
a. peritonsillar space
11. socialization means
b. retropharyngeal space
a. to adapt social norms and values
c. submandibular space
b. started in soviet union
c. socialist revolution
24. frontal sinus in x-ray appears in
12 contraceptive preventing std and hiv
25. a 36 yr old man presented on and off fever ,weight loss and
abdominal distention.on ascetic tap tc-300/cu.mm dc -
13 true about .uv prolapse
98%lymphocytes protein-4gm%.the diagnosis is
c.rape victim case
37.gcs is the estimation of
26. 25 yr old man is c/o fever on and off ,weight loss and sob. o/e
b.<2 incompatible with life
decreased breath sound on rt.side with dull percussion on rt.subcoastal
c.was introduced by dr.ferguss glasgow
region .best inv. would be
a.pancreatitits is a known complication
c. pleural tappingand biochem analysis
b.orchitis occurs in <1 yr old
c.vit aa def can occur
27. insulin is secreted by
39.2yr old male is c/o red congestion of eye, fever with
maculopapular rashes .the diagnosis is
28. a 64 yr old man is having icterus with distended gall bladder
40.neck of indirect hernia is in
a .ca pancreas-head
a.lat to inf .epigastric artery
b ca pancreas tail
b.medial to inf epigastric artery
c.superficial to deep ring
d.deep to inguinal ligament
29. a patient on 3rd post op day developed low urinary output -
41.16 yr old male with pain in the left testis sudden in onset.rt. testes
10ml/hr .cvp-2cm bp 90/60. what will you do?
diagnosis is –
c. fluid challenge
30. 7th day old neonate with features of septicaemia .the drug of
42.swelling in post. triangle of neck in 3yr old child with
a. penicillin +gentmycin
positive cyst is .
b. iv ceftrixone
c. penicillin only
31. 60yr old nam c/o ill health ,wt loss .on inv tc-48000 dc-97%
lymphocytes with predominant small ones without spleenomegaly. the
43.colles fracture occurs in
diagnosis is –
44. green stick fracture occurs in
32. hepatitis causing epidemic is
45.hormone that can be given orally
33. fat droplets in faeces is seen in
a. chronic pancreatitis
b. acute panretitis
46.the variable whichdivides the distribution into two equal parts
34. 1 yr old with fever, cough and sob in the winter season. the
diagnosis .the diagnosis is
a. acute bronciolitis
47.clinical staging is done in
35. development of second molar tooth occurs at the age of
48.6mth yr old presented with meningitis
the common organism is
36. which of the following require consent?
c.grp b streptococcus
49.alcohol withdrawl causes
62.!st sign in diabetic retinopathy
50.hysteria is a type of
63.a child with acute severe asthma should be immediately treated
51.most common cause of rupture spleen
64.absolute indication for amputation of foot
52.female sex worker has a highest risk of transmitting hiv whenthere
65.there is increasing size of toxic nodule which is excised.cause of
a.suspicion of malignancy
d. molluscum contagiosum
53.health for all was declared at
66.steroid is indicated in
67.bence jones protein is seen in
54.amother with hiv should avoid
68.argyl robertson pupil is seen in
55.64 yr old man presented with haematuria with no history pain
abdomen and feverand burning micturition.
69.time of iucd insertion is
a. after menstruation
56.common cause of rewctal bleeding in a1yr old child is
c 1st day if menstruation
70.cast in both bone fracture should be applied from
a. forearm to wrist
57.30 yrs old man presented with lump in the breast,firm innature
b. below elbow to neck of metacarpal
with no palpablelymph nodes.the diagnosis is
c above elbow to neck of meta carpal
71.a patient with cervical injury is is brought to er .ist thing to do is
58.8th post op day a man developerd sob with no other chest findings
and swelling of left leg .the diagnosis is
a. chest infection
72.2nd stage of labour occurs after
a.delivery of baby
b .full dilatation of cervix
c.onset of labour pain
59.true about corpus luteum
a.secretes mainly progesterone
73.true about brachial plexus
b.lasts for 21 days
a.arises from c5-t1
c.made up of theca cells
border of arrangement is vein artery and nerve
60.a dead body was found warm and flaccid.the death has occurred in
74.caloric test is done for the function of
61.haemphiliaa is due to deficiency of
75.a6month yr old female ishas sob , previous6 cynotic attacks and
had 2 lit urine output, 1.5 litre ng drain, abdominal distension, no
flatus, absent bowel sound. on inv. potassium 2.4 mmol/l , sodium :
a.tetralogy of fallot
135 mmol/l, urea : 7, creatinine : 75, tc : 10,000 /cu.mm n 73 %.l 17
%, fbs : 5 mmol/l
a) what is the clinical condition called
b) what is the abnormal lab. finding
76.a new yr old newborn has short stature with webbed neck ,slanting
c) what could be the cause
eyes,curved nail .the diagnosis is
d) management of this condition
b.kliene felter's syndrome
dear friends, we had promised you all to post here the questions of the 7
nmle held on 4th february 2006, we tried our best and have collected
as many questions as we could and here they are. the examinees who
77.which of the following is a pre malignant condition ?
we met at the exam place felt that the examination was getting more
and more standard and obviously more difficult these days. i think it's
a good move. and as far as these questions are concerned, i think it
would be better if you search the answers yourself. so, i have not
listed the answers here and about some of the mcqs i could not collect
the exact options, and i have only mentioned the questions so please,
- compiled by: dr. saurav & dr. khem, kmc
help yourself…….i am extremely sorry about that.
i wish this will be of some help to you all….
nmle december 23, 2006
held in iom nursing campus,
1. list five causes of metabolic alkalosis.
time 8.00 - 11.00 am
2. list the complications of colostomy.
3. give the incubation periods of:
1) 35 yrs old chronic alcoholic man taking alcohol since last 10 yrs
has bp 200/120 mm hg.
a) what are the possible organ damage due to his condition ?
b) what would you advise him for investigation ?
c) what suggestion would you give to him. ?
4. give the full forms of:
2) 35 yrs male presented with pain epigastrium and malena. on ugi
endoscopy pt has du.
a) what is the causative organism ?
b) what t/t would you prescribe him
3) contraindication of ocp
5. a 60 year man comes with a mass in upper abdomen. the usg
4) complication of frontal sinusitis
showed a cystic mass, what could be the differential diagnosis?
5) causes of postmenopausal vaginal bleeding in 60 yrs female
6. outline the basic management and complications of ovarian cyst.
6) write the health determinants of nepal
7. give the indications of following drugs:
7) how will you remove hardness of water
8) case question : d/d and diagnostic criteria for rheumatodi arthritis
iv. sodium valproate
9) 14 yrs of male presented with vomiting, pain over lt testis since 4
v. d- penicillamine
hrs. the patient looks tense and toxic
a) what is your clinical diagnosis
8. what are the possible routes of spread of liver abscess?
b) what investigation will u do to support your diagnosis
c) what is the management?
9. what are the criteria for tracheostomy?
d) what will u advice for prophylaxis to avoid such in future.
10) jaundice in neonate developed in 4th day ( case )
10. a child, 2 years old, comes with a complaint of stridor and fever.
a) what clinical sign will u look for
what could be the possible differential diagnosis?
11. a 30 year old female comes with a swollen right eye. what could
11) 35 yrs old male farmer presented with pain, red eye, congestion,
be the possible causes?
photophobia over lt eye. pt also gives h/o paddy plant trauma in the
field. on exam pt had ant hypophyon 3x 2 mm size,.
a) what are your d/d
12. name four absolute contraindications for oral contraceptive pills.
b) what is your clinical dx
c) what will you examine and investigate
d) write 4 drugs used in t/t
12) intestinal bowel resection done about 1.5 m, on 5th post op day, pt
1. most of the thyroid cancers arise from:
i. parafollicular cell
ii. lymphoid follicle
iii. follicular cell
iv. connective tissue
20. retrograde ejaculation is common after ……………
2. which of the following anti-hypertensive drug is contraindicated in
21. in pem there is:
i. weight for age is decreased
ii. height for age is decreased
iii. weight for height is decreased
iv. weight is increased but height is decreased
iv. ace inhibitors
22. treatment of choice in stage iib hodgkins disease is
3. anti-hypertensive of choice in pregnancy induced hypertension is:
iii. calcium channel blockers
iv. surgical excision
23. drug used for pediculosis capatis in children is ……………
4. an infant presents with persistent jaundice, what could be the most
24. flasked shaped ulcer is found in
i. bacillary dysentery
ii. amoebic dysentery
i. most commonly occurring value
ii. the middle value
iv. ulcerative colitis
iii. least occurring value
iv. the highest value
25. thrombocytopenia is not a feature of
6. the probability of a test to come as positive in diseased person is
iv. all of the above
iii. positive predictive value
26. antithyroid drug of choice in elderly patient is …………………
iv. negative predictive value
27. in quartan malaria, fever spikes over every
7. a child suddenly presents with dyspnoea, the most common cause
ii. foreign body aspiration
iii. acute excacerbation of copd
here are few questions asked in nmle 4th feb,2006
iv. pulmonary embolism
8. downs phenomenon is:
1.write down the full form of the followings
9. ovarian artery is a branch of
a) unicef=united nations international children's emergency fund
10. dangerous placenta previa is ………….
b)sars =severe acute respiratory syndrome
c)mmr =measles mumps rubella
11. tb becomes non-infectious by …………….
d)phc =primary health centre
2.write down the incubation periods
12. thyroglossal cyst is a cyst of ………………….
13. after anesthesia, failure to breathe is due to ………….
b) mumps =12-21days("18days)
14. fracture of neck of femur in 70 years elderly can be best treated
e)chicken pox =14-21 days(21days)
15. treatment duration in lepromatous leprosy is …………….
bacillary dysentry (2-5days)
16. oligomenorrhoea is ……………….
malaria 8days -months
poliomyelitis 3dyas -21days
hepatitis a 2-6weeks
17. mycoses fungoids is ……………….
rabies =variable (2-8weeks)
18. infertility is said to be present when the couple can't conceive by
3.sources of infection(pyogenic liver abscess)
-infection through portal vein =acute appendicitis ,acute amoebic
19. a newly married couple wants to delay pregnancy for next 2 years
so what will be the best contraceptive of choice for them?
-infection through the common bile duct =stricture of the
-infection through the hepatic artery =septicaemia and pyaemia etc.
-infertility is treated with clomiphene .80%ovulate and 40%conceive
-extension abscess=penetrating injuries etc.
-infection through umbilicus =neonatal umbilical sepsis giving rise to
treatment of benign ovarian tumour
in young patient
4.drug of choice
-ovariotomy (or salpingo -oophorectomy)
when any doubt aboutn innocence of the tumour
parous women and age >45 years
-total hysterectomy with bilateral salpingoophorectomy
5.55 years old man underwent colostomy , now you would like to
ovarian tumour with pregnancy
explain him about the complication ,hat are the complications?
-continue pregnancy upto full term if no complication
-if no delivery occurs remove the tumour in puerperium
-colostomy bleeding ,necrosis,retraction,prolapse,colostomy
-if tumour impact in the pouch of douglas caeserean section and
remove the tumour in same sitting
-if causing obstructed labour.caserean section and remove tumour
6.67 years old man on usg mass on the upper abdomen diagnosis was
-if any complication immediate surgery
not made what are your provisional diagnosis?
treatement of malignant ovarian tumour:
-ca of the liver
definitive surgery :total hysterectomy with bilateral
salpingoohorectomy ,appendicectomy and omentectomy(partial /total)
7. swelling over the right eye ,what are the possible diagnosis?
conservative surgery:unilateral salpingoophorectomy (young patient
,desire offspring ,tumour limited only in ovary )
-hordeolum internum,acute dacryocystitis
8.45 years female,usg diagnosed ovarian cyst .definitive management
what complications could occur if not managed in time?
-non neoplatic enlargement of ovary
a)follicular cyst -disappear spontoneaously within a few weeks to
months when symptoms like amenorrhoea are prolonged stimulation
of post-ovulatory change by administrating oral medroxy progestrone
drugs are given i.v.on day 1 every 4 weeks interval for 6-8 cycles.
10mg tds over a period of 5-7days
.clomiphene citrate 50mg given orally for 5 consecutive days helps to
induce ovulation and brings about menstuation or pregnancy
b)follicular haematoma:asymptomatic/no clinical significant
c)lutein cysts of the ovary :
granulosa lutein cysts most cysta resolve in due course of
torsion of the pedicle
theca lutein cyst=spontaneous regress
d)pcos(polycystic ovarian syndrome)
rupture of a cyst
usg -subcapsular cysts of varying size
treatment -wt. loss help in restoring the hormonal milieu to some
9.write down the criteria for tracheostomy
-avoid cigarette smoking
infection -acute laryngo-tracheo-bronchitis
-oestrogen supresses androgen and adrenal production
acute epiglottitis,ludig angina
-dexamethasone 0.5mg /prednisone 5mg at bed time decreases
trauma - injury of larynx and trachea
neoplasm - benign and malignant neoplasmof larynx ,pharynx,foreign
-hirsutism is treated with cyproterone acetate
oedema of larynx
- tubercular meningitis
retained secretion -cva ,head injuries etc.
- pyogenic meningitis
paingul cough -chest injuries ,multiple riv fractures, pneumonia
- febrile convulsions
,aspiration of pharyngeal secretion
3. cadaveric spasm indicates.
- patient was in motion b4 death
- starts in voluntary muscles
10.causes of metabolic alkalosis(high ph,high co2)
- similar to rigor mortis
-due to loss of acid eg.vomiting nasogastric suction
who ors contains
-hco3 may be retained in exchange for loss of cl- as in diarrhoea -dut to excessive administration of alkali eg. nahco3 administration antacid abuse
-when h+ are lost in excess in exchange for k+eg.severe
- glucose in excessive amount
-primary or secondary hyperaldosteronism.
- dextrose in less amount
11.2 years child brought to you with a h/o fever and stridor what are
your possible diagnosis -acute laryngitis ,laryngomalacia
- contains more na+ than in plasma
- is used because it contains all electrolytes in equilibrium with
-laryngeal trauma,laryngeal oedema
- contains less na+ than in plasma
- contain less k+ in plasma
right recurrent laryngeal nerve hooks around
12.contradication of oral contraceptive pills
- right main bronchus
- subclavian artery
circulatory disease - arterial /venous thrombosis severe htn
60 years old patient bph with htn is under going for turp
valvular heart disease ,ihd
focal migraine liver disease
anaesthesia which drug will you give?
undiagnosed genital tract bleeding
8. g2p1 32 weeks pregnant came with vaginal bleeding & painless
contractions, what is diagnosis?
- preterm labour
- premature labour
- abruption placenta
i tried to gather all of the questions ,but some are missing if u can try
9. g2p1 37 weeks pregnancy came but fhs negative & she was having
to grab those , i did my labour best to answer as well do comment me
or else try to search the best answers good bye
pain, what will you do?
in near future i will provide other keep waitin bye bye
- wait for house officer
multiple choice questions
10. nifedipine causes
a patient came with swelling in inguinal region which
increased in size,tachypnoea,tachycardia,absent bowel
sounds & in painful condition.
- increase cardiac output - decreases cardiac output
- strangulated hernia
11. child was having <70% of body wt & later he developed
- obstructed hernia
oederna,15 days fever, what is likely diagnosis?
- irreduciable hernia
2. 10 month old child fever & convulsions. tlc=250 dc = 90%
- marasmic kwashiorkor
12. definite host for e. granulosus is
- khaki coloured skin
25. a mother brought 18 month old child having fever 104degree fever
13. most common cause of otitis media is children
protein ,glucose is normal in c.s.f what is likely diagnosis?
- ossicle fusion
- febrile convulsion
14. second stage of labour in primigravida lasts for
26. cardiac output in pregnancy isn't affected by-
- heat surrounding
15. ectopic pregnancy mostly occurs at
27. which of the following isn't intracranial complication of asom?
- facial nerve paralysis
- lateral sinus thrombophlebitis
- vaginal moniliasis
28. infant mortality rate in 2006 is
- endometrial cancer
17. most common type of breast cancer in nepal.
29. a child (malnourished) bought by her mother to health camp has
what is diagnosis?
- toxocara endophthalmitis
18. 35 yrs old lady came with painless thyroid nodule what will you
30. primigravida excessive vomiting in pregnancy which has
- antithyroid drugs
deleterious effect upon
health of mother & fetus, what is it?
19. e. granulosus is transmitted by ingestion
- of faeces, containing ova, of dog
- of faeces , containing ova , of sheep
- hyper emesis gravidarum
- of liver of sheep containing e. granulosus
31. diabetes mellitus is best diagnosed by-
20. direct questions are allowed in
- p.p blood sugar > 11.1mmols
- cross examination
- fasting blood sugar > 7mmols/l
- dying deposition
- dying declaration
32. putrefaction is delayed in which poisoning?
21. which of following doesn't cause liver cirrhosis?
- alpha 1 antitoxin deficiency
- cystic fibrosis
33. which is false about caput succedaneum?
- appears immediately after birth
22. most suitable outcome of tetanus occurs when
- disappears at 2-6 weeks
- patient comes late in hospital
- patient has short course of disease
34. which disease is transmitted both by water & air?
- patient has long course of disease
23. nutritional deficiency is best corrected
- at nutritional training centres
35. which doesn't transfers active immunity?
- antitetanus toxin
- when person takes enough food (available)
- cholera vaccine
- rabies vaccine
24. which of the following is less likely in gas gangrene?
36. cvp reflects
- rt atrial pressure
48. diabetic patient who is hypertensive came & on fundoscopic
- cardiac output
- cerebral & renal perfusion
shaped haemorrhage seen. what is next thing you would like to do?
37. patient with ascitis, when per cussed an abdomen it was resonant
as the percussion
is done lat side it was dull. patient is turned & again lateral side s per
49. continuous murmur in children
it's resonant? what is sign called?
- aortic stenosis
- shifting dullness
50. 2 yrs old child cyanosis in lip & clubbing in fingers. what is
38. lady came with bilateral nasal obstruction, poor hygienic condition
51. which of following is fluid filled lesion?
from nose noticed by others. what is diagnosis?
- hyper tropic rhinitis
52. 50 yrs old patient has itching & on scraping silvery white lesions
39. antidote for warfarin is
are present. what
- protamine sulphate
40. person came with abdomen pain, tachycardia, liver dullness
53. which of following contains rash of all stages?
- acute pancreatitis
- acute appendicitis
- perforated peptic ulcer
54. a school teacher has feeling that every time she has to beat
41. drug which is my dricetic with little cycloplegic action.
children & she has
guilty for that. she tried a lot to avoid this thinking from her mind.
42. in rickets which of the following is seen
55. thought block is seen in
- alkaline phosphates
43. causes of death in crf
56. anti maniac drug is
44. haemodynamic complication of massive blood transfusion.
- citrate intoxication
57. patient has sputum +ve tuberculosis & x-ray showed cavitary
lesion which drug
would you like to give?
45. which drug of choice in op poisoning?
58. baby has cough with subconjunctival haemorrhage
- whopping cough
46. pseudomonas is treated with
59. the chance of getting true positive in case is called as
47. common cause of corneal ulcer in nepal
60. the patient had small cell carcinoma of lung, what is treatment that
would like to give?
- who are 1year old
72. most common problem of lbw but appropriate for date babies in
61. the patient had small nodule in breast which undergo change
- fibro adenosis
73. hepatitis serum conversion is best denoted by
62. during subtotal thyroidectomy patient developed sudden on set of
- anti – hbsag
what is likely cause?
- tracheal haematoma
74. the child has abdomen pain, non bilious vomiting, what is
- tracheal perforation
- congenital hyper tropic pyloric stenosis
63. structures not to be preserved in modified radical mastectomy is
- intestinal obstruction
- pectoralis minor
- long thoracic nerve
75. 50 yrs old female came with complaint of vaginal bleeding. what
- thracodorsal nerve
64. cubitus varus deformity is seen in
- supracondylar fracture of human
- lateral condylar fracture of human
- cervical biopsy
- galaezzi fracture
- endometrial biopsy
65. most common complication in intracapsular fracture of neck of
76. boy has sudden onset of organizing pain with vomiting on left
worsened when testes was elevated. what is diagnosis?
- testicular torsion
- epididymo – orchitis
66. foot drop because of trauma is popliteal region is seen in
77. ejaculation is controlled by
- common peroneal nerve palsy
- sciatic nerve palsy
- tibial nerve palsy
67. maturity of fetus in usg is best determined by
78. g3p1 on 36wks pregnancy painful urine contractions. what is
- bitemporal diameter
68. hypertensive male has right sided hemiplegia, which of following
- preterm labour
79. 2 yrs old girl had webbed neck, co-arctation of aorta. what is
- blowing of cheek in & out with respiration
- tongue pointing towards side of lesion
- turner's syndrome
- down's syndrome
69. on auscultation of right side of adult male at interscapular, infra
- klinefelter's syndrome
inframammiliary regions following are seen –
80. at high altitude person developed acute mountain sickness. what is
a. absent breath sounds
c. decreased chest movement. what is diagnosis?
- bring him down
- rt. lower lobe lung collapse
- rt. medial lobe lung collapse
- pleural effusion
- pericardial effusion
81. l.d. bodies're found in
70. neonates are those
- who are <28 days old
- who are more than 28 days old
- who are 1 month old
- who are after 28 weeks pog & 7 days of life
82. g2p1 on labour for 6hrs, membrane ruptured, head station +2,
71. perinates are those
malrotated what is
- who are late fetuses but early neonates
1. which of the following is the most common hernia in women?
a.femoral b.indirect inguinal c.direct inguinal d.spigelian
- baby delivered by caesarean section.
2. a pt with lymphadenitis & sinus discharging white caseous
there are 100 multiple choice questions could not remember 18
material. the most likely diagnosis is?
multiple choice questions….
3. the most common cause of pid is?
a. chlamdia b. tb c. e coli
1. patient had moon face, buffalo hump, abdominal stria.
4. which of the following enzyme rise first in mi?
a. what is rx & name at least two d/d
a. ast b. ck-mb c.ldh d. streptokinase
b. name two ivs to confirm diagnosis
c. name two radiological ivs which can be done in this case
5. flaccid paralysis in nepal should be reported to
a. polio eradication centre b. kanti bal hospital c. health ministry
2. 50 yrs old man with urgency frequency nocturia undergone turp
6. the most important clinical diagnostic feature of kwasiworkor is
b. what is tumour marker for ca. prostate?
a. edema b.flag sign c.weight loss d.neurological dysfnction
c. what are two sexual complications after prostatectomy?
d. what are changes noted in bladder when there is bladder outflow
7. a lactating woman with 6 month old child has amenorrhea after
deliver. she wants to use contraceptive. what must be advised?
e. name two drugs for bph
a.ocp b.barrier method c. urine test for b-hcg
3. patient complaining of whitish vaginal discharge.
8. the most common cause of condctive deafness in children?
a. what is ‘4' differential diagnosis
a.csom-aa b.csom-tt c.ome
b. diff. between fungal & amoebic discharge
c. what ivs will you do to confirm it?
9. the most common cause of unilateral foul smelling nasal discharge
d. what is treatment?
a.foreign body b.sinusitis c. adenoids d.asom
4. child 2yrs of age, maroon coloured faces & had agonizing pain,
10. which of the following must be given to a lactating woman?
raise legs above abdomen.
a.iron b.calcium c.folic acid d.vit b
a. what is diagnosis?
b. which organism is responsible for this?
11. an adult with # shaft of femur, skeletal traction is done by
c. what is treatment?
5. g2p1, at b.p of 150/100mm hg pulse 80 10/min, at 37 wks
12. a pt with a h/o # neck of femur came with a c/o pain after 2 yrs.
a. what drug'll you give?
b. what are signs & ivs of this?
c. when'll you discharge patient?
13. which of the following is not an aids criteria?
d. what advise will u give if b.p is controlled? & if b.p isn't
a.fever b.wt loss >10% c.cough d.diarrhoea
e. what is drug of choice if it's associated with convulsions?
14. a 21-yr-old boy came with a c/o pain and tender abdomen. x-ray
showed gas under diaphragm. cause?
6. patient brought child with respiratory distress.
a. appendicular perforation b.peptic ulcer perforation
a. what're signs of respiratory distress?
b. what're confirmatory signs & dd?
15. a 2-yr-old child with respiratory rate >45 and indrawing chest.
c. what are ivs?
d. what is treatment?
a.pneumonia b. severe pneumonia c.common cold
7. patient had pain abdomen, with gb stone radiating to back, no
16. a child with uncomplicated rupture of tympanic membrane. what
aggravated while lying in supine position.
a.steroid and antibiotic drops b.iv antibiotics c.wait and watch
a. what is diagnosis?
b. what is it due to?
c. what are diagnostic criteria?
17. which of the following reduces progression of the severity of
a.oral b-agonist b.oral b-agonist+steroid c.smoking cessation
8a. what are major manifestations of rh fever?
b. which're the joints involved name 4?
18. spider nevi is seen in
c. what is least time for involvement of joint?
a. hand b. brain c.trunk d.palms
nmcle 2007 sept 22 (asoj 5, 2064)
19. which is used for the radical treatment of malaria?
total marks: 240
a.chloroquine b.quinine c.primaquine
time: 12:00-2:00 pm (2hrs)
20. rigor mortis starts from
total mcqs:100 (100x2=200 marks)
a.lower jaw b.upper eyelids c.lower limbs
total sqas:8 (8x5=40 marks)
21. term pregnancy, normal vag delivery, still birth. cause?
a. dm mother b.iugr
44. menorrhagia mostly associated with
22. which of the following is transmitted by water and air?
a. ca ovary b.fibroid uterus c.ca uterus
a.polio b.typhoid c.hepatitis
45. a driver having erythematous plaques with silvery scales. cause?
23. a man from terai with non-pitting edema. the most likely cause?
a.filaria b.polio c.dvt d.nephrotic syndrome
46. a 44-yr-old male patient with facial assymetry. on p/e touching the
24. early morning sticky, red eye. cause?
cornea of either eye with a cotton swab results in blinking of only one
eye. he states that he feels the cotton swab touch in both eyes.
25. diagnostic accuracy of a test is determined by
a. facial nerve paralysis b. trigeminal nv paralysis c.occulomotor nv
a predictive value b.specificity+sensitivity
26. a mother at a health camp brought her 2-yr-old malnurished child
47. aciduria occurs in
who had white patch on eye. cause?
a.met acidosis b. met alka c.resp acid. d.resp alkalosis
a. cataract b.xerophthalmia
48. microcytic hypochromic anemia. which test?
27. infant mortality rate in nepal
a.schilling test b. hemoglobin electrophoresis c.g-6pd test
a.41 b.50. c.98 d.64
49. a woman in ravibhawan complains early morning sneezing, nasal
28. which of the following is acynotic heart disease?
obstruction and rhinorrhoea for a long period. o/e nasal turbinates are
a.tof b.tricuspid atresia c.tga d.vsd without pulmonary hypertension
pinkish and edematous. cause?
a. vasomotor rhinitis b. allergic rhinitis c.nasal polyps
29. in tof there is vsd, pulmonary stenosis, rt ventricular hypertrophy,
50. a child with radioulnar #. which anesthetic agent used?
a.asd b.overriding aorta c.coarctation of aorta
51. which anti-hypertensive agent can be given during pregnancy?
a.produced by pituitary gland b.ejection of milk
a. alpha-methyl dopa
31. umbilicus is supplied by
52. a patient with previous reducible hernia, now presents with pain,
tenderness and irreducibility. cause?
a.supported mostly by broad ligament b.supplied by hypogastric nerve
33. the most common tumor of testis is?
a. seminoma b.teratoma c. lymphoma
54. cross transfusion means?
34. att contraidicated in pregnancy?
a.inh b.rifampicin c.pyrazinamide. d.streptomycin
55. a 6-week-old child with non-billious projectile vomiting. cause?
a. hyertrophic pyloric stenosis b. dodenal atresia c. intussuseption
35. att causing uremia and gaut?
a.inh b.rifampicin c.pyrazinamide. d.ethambutol
56. commenest complication of chicken pox?
a.secondary infection b.meningitis c.pneumonia
36. febrile convulsion in a child is best treated with
a.phenytoin b.diazepam c. ethox d.phenobarbital
57. a patient with gall stone suddenly develops pain abdomen,
tachycardia and shock. cause?
37. antibodies detected in blood in typhoid
a. acute pancreatitis
a.1st week b.2nd wk c.3rd wk d. 4th wk
58. fluid filled lesion <1 cm diameter.
38. obese dm type 2 pt. best drug?
a.macule b.papule c.vesicle d.wheal
a. sulphonyl urea b.metformin c.insulin d.rosiglitasone
59. which sign in appendicitis?
39. dm pt with bp 160/95 mmhg, which anti-hypertensive is best?
a.iliopsoas b.murphy sign
a.nifedipine b.ramipril c.methyldopa
60. few hours after subtotal thyroidectomy a pt develops dyspnea.
40. a child with cough for 1 month and there is subconjunctival
a. hematoma b. rln paralysis
61. which investigation accrately diagnose pulmonary embolism?
41. which of the following is a proton pump inhibitor?
a.contrast ct b.ecg c.chest x-ray
a.omeprazole b.cimetidine c.ranitidine
62. how to differentiate chronic bronchitis with asthma?
42. a pale looking farmer from biratnagar came for checkup. o/e he
a.history taking b. chest x-ray
was anemic but other findings were normal. cause?
63. rashes in measles starts from
a.face b. trunk c.limbs
43. # of a bone into >2 pieces
a.compound # b. communited # c.simple #
64. cause of neurocysticercosis?
a.t solium b. t saginata c.ascaris
64. a pt with red eyes and intropion of few eye lashes. cause?
a.trachoma b.glaucoma. c. cataract
65. height of a child doubles in
8. smoking male complains of right leg pain with black patches of
a.4 yr b.5 yr c. 3yr d. 2yr
skin of right toe and left calf pain when he walks.
66. child with fever and headache. csf: n 90% glu-dec,pro-increased.
b. what is intermittent claudication?
c. what is rest pain?
a.pyogenic meningitis b.viral meningitis c. enceplalitis
nmle questions 22th dec. 2007 - 27-12-2007, 04:16 pm
67. a pt fell from height and got # calcaneum. which other # is usually
most common parotid gland tumour >> mixed (pleomorphic)
associated with it?
a. spinal # b. skull#
which of the following vaccine is live attenuated >> mumps measles
68. how do you check xii cranial nerve?
a. ask to protrude the tongue b.ask to say 'aah' c. ask to bend the neck
which of the following is the complication of diptheria >>myocarditis
69. a pt with a h/o appendectomy develops distended rigid tender
in measles rashes starts from >> face trunk hand
abdomen. on x-ray multiple air-fluid levels. cause?
a. intestinal adhesion
which of the following is best method for the study of rare disease>>
case control cohort experimeantal
70. an agitated adult man, couldn't sleep properly at night, thinks he is
superior to his colleagues, quarrels with coworkers, makes new ideas.
illusion is >> false interpretation of stimulaii
anti-psychotic drg is indicated in >> schizophrenia anxiety diaorder
71. a woman with white curdy discharge per vagina. cause?
a. moniliasis b.chlamydia c.trichomonas
a child with odema an wt 70% >> kwasiyokar marasmus
short question answer
a child with ht 90% wt 80% with wide wrist jt, bowin legs >> shunted
1. a carpet factory worker living in a crowded place presents with
chest pain, evening rise of temperature, and mild weight loss.
koplik spot is seen in >> typhoid measles mumps.
b. investigations you want to order?
a child with swellinnn on rt side of chick with tresmus, a student in his
c. 2 treatments for this diagnosis.
class is also sufferin from the same diseae >> mumps, parotid tumour
2. a man presents with acute chest pain for 1 hour. on ecg there is st
60yr male with horseness of voice n palpable ly node on
supraclavicular ly node >> ca. larynx , recurrent nrv palsy, vocal cord
b. investigations you want to do?
c. how do you manage this patient in a zonal hospital?
most common cause of infection in pp fever >> clamydia
3. a newly married woman with 2 months history of amenorrhoea
most commonly affected in pp sepsis>> endomentrium salphinx
presents with vaginal bleeding.
a. d/d of this condition
b. write non-invasive investigations
21 ??yrs male with vomiting , visible peristalisis lt to rt , suc.splash +
c. how do you manage?
,>> small bowel obs., grastic outlet obs., large bowel obs.
?? yr person sputum -ve tb on att now becomes sputum +ve after 2mt
4. a child with fever, headache, vomiting, rashes on lower limbs.
of therapy >> cnage to cat 1 chang to cat 2 .
moutoux test is best read after >> 12 24 48 72 hrs (48)
b.write 2 other tests which support your diagnosis
2 mth old child can do >>> .from motor developement
c. causative organism?
100ml of breast milk contains how much cal. >> 47 57 67 77 (67)
d. drg of choice?
t/t of toxic nodule >> surgery medical radio iodine.
female on pp period with red hot tender rt breast >> i n d, aspirate to
5. a woman complains of fever on 4th postpartum day for 2 days.
confirm brest absess, flucloxacillin an f/u after 2 days,
infectivity of hbv is indicated my >> hbeag, igmhbv
b. what 2 informations in this case supports your diagnosis?
t/t of choice of t.solium > py, meb, alb, (praz)
c. how do you care this patient?
opth. neonatarumi s caused by >> ghonorria, stap, strep
pt with couldnot see far n near obj with pain eye>> glaucoma, presy. ,
6. a toxic looking child presents with stridor and drooling.
??t/t of iritis >>atropin .
with neoplasm usually venot mets at time of dia. > ssc, rcc, malig.
b. 3 d/d of this case?
melanoma, basal cell ca.
c. which organism is responsible for this condition?
gomet insertion in >> glue ear, csom, asom.
d. drug of choice?
ext. pyramadal rxn >> haloperidol
7. a lactating woman presents with severe breast pain and swollen
tender mass in the outer quadrant of the breast.
not adr of ketamin>> halucination, dissociative ana., inc. iop,
iodine day >> ????
which doesn't cause empyma in child >> stap, strep, myco, n.
c;left to right shunt
a clinical que from rheumatic hrt disease ??
compiled by dr. jj
a clinical que from ms??
6;a pt with organophosphorus poisoning is being treated by atropine
comprehension ques. each carry 1 marks
in the ward;his both pupils are dilated ;develops fever and is
tachypnoiec ;suddenly he develops convulsion;what will you
common cause of meningitis >> h inf
csf finding >> >100 wbc with neutro indominent
b;give iv midazolam
t/t >> cefuro.
d;stop atropine and watch
one i can't remember
7;a 35 years female has solitary thyroid nodule;what will you advice?
genetic abn > 46 x 45x 46 xxy 45xxy
common associaeed contd > vsd asd co. of aorta pda
common associated kidney disorder > horse shoe kidney
t/t >growth hormone
not found > ht tall, ht short,web neck .
8;a 40 years male has developed bronchial asthma;what will you
in chest >2mm st elevation >> ant mi ,ant septal mi. , massive ant mi
drg for ?? reperfusion >> streptokinase?? , aspirin, gtn.
coz of death in 1st 24 hr >> venti arry, ccf.
which drg comb. prevent decrease pain n prevent remodelin >> o2
morphine b block, aspisin ace inhibit.
9;1 gm hemoglobin combines with
pansystolic murmur coz?>> vsd, mr ,ms
to calculate % of burn <rule of nine>
fluid requirement (parkland formula)
10;which of the following antibiotic is c i in suspected tb pt?
nmcle poush 7 th 2064 (22 decmber 2007)
correct answers are given in bold italic letters. please help yourself
regarding unanswered questions and if any doubt about high lighted
11;paronychia is a infection of
b'pulp of the nail
1;which of the following is true
c;apex of the nail
a;acidic drugs are best ionised in acidic medium
d;base of the nail
b;gentamycin is given i;v as it is unionised in git
12;a dehydratd pt has fever;which of the following complication
compiled by dr. jj
b;metabolic acidosis (please help yourself too)
3;b blocker should be avoided in
13;which of the following is not the macrovascular complication of
4;a pt; with sputum negative pulmonary tb is treated with category 3
regimen of who for 2 months and he became sputum positive at the
end of 2 month;how will you treat this pt; further?
a;stop this regimen and start with cat=1
b;stop this regimen and start with cat;2
c;continue this regimen and recheck sputum at 5 months
d;switch to 2nd line drugs
5;clubbing is not found in
15 a pt; came with alcohol poisoning in the emergency department
where you are medical officer;what will you do
b;give 3;5%hypertonic saline
c; spontaneous recanalization of cord
c;methyl alcohol (please help yourself too)
25; a 27 years old male patient has found patent processus
16; a poor farmer from phoolbari vdc near dhangadhi came in the opd
vaginalis;what could be the possible complication/diagnosis;;
without slipper and proper dress with the h/o loss of appetite ;weight
loss and is icteric on examination;what could be the possible
26;parotid tumour-most common
17;diabetes is suspected if the fasting blood sugar is above
27;which of the following develops in the first post operative day?
18;human milk provides
b;57kcal compiled by dr. jj
28;a pt; suddenly presents mass outside the anal canal with some
blood streaks in the stool;after 2 hrs later while defecation similar
c;67kcal (please help yourself too)
events occurred;what could be the most possible cause;;;;;;;;
19;which of the following is not macrolides;;
d;prolapse of the rectum
29;a pt with signs of dehydration and altered sensorium admitted to
the emergency department with serum sodium level 115meq/l;which
fluid will you prefer;;;;;;;;;;;;;
20; a person with damaged mitral valve develops endocarditis;the
most common organism is;;;
b;staph epidemidis (please help yourself too)
compiled by dr. jj
30;a 32 years old patient starts non bileous projectile vomitting with
21;a 26 years male starts micturition;what will be the pressure inside
contains of food particles and has distended
a bdomen with visible peristalsis and circum splash is admitted in
your ward;what could be your most probable diagnosis'' '
a:gastric outlet obstruction
b;small intestine obstruction
c;large intestine obstruction
22;a 6 moth child came in the opd with posterior triangle swelling in
the neck;what could be the possible cause?
31;a 2 months child can;;;
a;hold head on ventral suspension
b;has protective reflex against external stimuli
23;a lactating mother came to your opd with right breast swelling;on
32;a child has 70%body wt of his expected wt at that age with
examination found red;tenderness and swollen;;;;suspect breast
oedema;;;which one is true
what is your next step
a;aspirate and confirm abscess (please help yourself too)
b;give antibiotic and ask her to come after 3 days
c;incision and drainage
d;confirm abscess by ultrasound
33;a moderately dehydrated child is in your hospital;what is the fluid
requirement for first 4 hour
24;vasectomy-most comman complication
b;varicocele compiled by dr. jj
34;a 8 years child with puffiness of the face and periorbital oedema
which later develops in lower extremities;;what is the most probable
45;anti tb drug avoided in pregnancy
46;a 42 + weeks pregnant lady with abdominal pain and not fully
dilated cervix has done arm ;what will be your next step
a;augmentation by oxytocin
b;induction by oxytocin
36;b- thalassemia-choose the correct one
c;apply cerviprime gel locally
a;both a and b chain increased compiled by dr. jj
d;give prostaglandis for induction
47;koplik spot is seen in
b;both a and b chain decreased
c;a chain increased and b chain decreased
d;b chain increased and a chain decreased (please help yourself too)
48;a 5 years old child has difficulty in opening the mouth; unilateral
parotid swelling and few days before his classmate had also
developed the similar swelling;what could be the most common
38;menorrhagia is a common feature of;;;;
49;most common complication of diptheria
39;uterus nerve supply
b;oral thrush compiled by dr. jj
c;myocarditis (please help yourself too)
50;measles rashes first appears in
40 uti in pregnancy--;safe drug
51;cysticercosis –drug of choice
41;pid-commenest causative agent
52;a pt with plasmodium falciparum malaria came to your opd;what
42;a pregnant lady with blood group a positibe needs immediate blood
will be your initial treatment
transfusion after delivery;but that blood group is not found;what will
a; tab;chloroquine base 600 mg followed by chloroqine base 3oo mg
in next 6 hr and 300 mg for 2 more days
a;give a neg; blood group
b;iv quinine with 10% dextrose
b;give o negative blood group
c;give ab positive blood group
d; give b poitive blood group
53;je is transmittd from
43;pap smear is taken from compiled by dr. jj
44;38+w pregnant lady has develod painless bleeding per vagina
without abdominal pain;commonest cause
55;rare causes are studied under
66;in scabies there is
67;paucibacillary single lesion tuberculoid leprosy is best treated by
a=the numerator includes child of age less than 28 days
b;less than 7 days
c;less than 1 year
d;less than 2 months compiled by dr. jj
68;a man has habbit of pricking hairs in beard shaving area and the
hairs prick easily
57;live attenuated vaccine
69;eps is causd by
58;hiv by needle prick transmitted
70;antipsychotic drug is used in
a;supress lh by negative feed back mechanism and prevent s ovulation
c;schizophrenia compiled by dr. jj
60;life long immunity is achieved by
71;a pt on tricyclic antidepression drug has taken overdose;what could
be the most common complication
72;a pt with liver disese sice last 3 months is under treatment and he
finds himself that he is not improving ;he is in home stay for long
time;now he is irritatve and thinks he is not going to be alright and is
sad;what has happened to him
62;which of the following is paired cartilage
a;generalised anxiety disorder
d;organic mental disese
73; in a case of diabetic retinopathy the earlier sign is:
63;sinus not present at birth
compiled by dr. jj
74;iridocyclitis patient; what will you give
64;gromet insertion is done in
a;glue ear(ruptured tm)
75;a 60 years old man with h/o gradual loss of vision with mild pain
d;foreign body in external ear
and h/o headache ,blurring of vision ;what is your most probable
65;60 years male presented in your opd with the complain of
hoarseness of voice and h/o smoking; most probable diagnosis is
a;b/l recurrent laryngeal nv palsy
b;carcinoma of the larynx
76;age estimation can be done by:
b;acute rheumatic fever
d; compiled by dr. jj
89;treatment of paraphimosis
b;multiple puncture of glands
90. clinical question regarding referred pain from chest to shoulder
78;cobra venom is
91;onwards could not remembered
***********best of luck************
if any querry, contact:
79;which of the following is developed from shaft of the bone
compiled by dr. jj
80;compartment syndrome is more danger when it is in
a;lower end of femur
b;upper end of humerus
c;lower end of tibia
d;lowe end of humerus
a= a 4 years old child presented to you with turner syndrome
1' what will be the xenotype of this patient?
b;fracture neck of femur
2'which of the following findings is present in this patient?
82; fracture of shaft of femur --treatment in child of 2 yrs
a;abobe knee plaster
b'coarctation of aorta
c'endocardial cushion defect
3'which of the following is associated with turner syndrome?
83 .which of the following investigation is ordered for maximum
b'hoarse shoe kidney
infective period in hepatitis- b patient?
c;minimal change disease
4'which of the following is fase?
compiled by dr. jj
5;treatment of turner syndrome?
84;which of the following disease is benign?
a;basal cell carcinoma
c;squamous cell carcinoma
b;9 month old child with features of meningitis
1most comman 'causative agent ?
85;iodine day in nepal
a. b; c; d ??????help yourself
86;ophthalmia neonatorum -most common organism
2;true regarding csf findings
a;cell count 650 with mostly neutrophils
d'cell counts 200 with mostly lymphocytes
87.10 years old child with multiple large joint pains for two
3;true regarding brudgkisky sign
weeks;most probable diagnosis is
a;neck pain while passive flexion of neck
b;flexion of knee while bending neck compiled by dr. jj
3; what is the fluid requirement for 24 hour of this patient
c;pain on thigh while bending neck
4;regarding brain abscess at this age which one is not common?
4:true regarding burn
a;bubbling is seen in superficial burn
b;pain is more in more depth burn
c;crt is decreased in superficial burn
5;treatment of above case
5;which one of the following must be monitered in this patient
compiled by dr. jj 22
c= a case of cholelithiasis_- _-_
4; a patient came 4 hours after the burn time how will you calculate
1most common organism associated with infection
a; generally 50% fluid should be given in first 8 hours
b;rest 50% fluid should be given in next 24 hours
c;in this case 50% fluid should be given in next 4 hours
2;immediate comlication of this patient
5;fluid of choice
3;black colour stone is due to
e;a fifty years male pt with myocardial infarction
1;ecg changes are >2mm st elevation in leads v1 to v6 ;what is your
4;can happen except
b;posterior wall mi rsion and st elevation in lead v1 to a;anteroseptal
c;extensive anterior wall mi
b=gall stone ileus
d; inferior wall mi
2;drug for reperfusion
compiled by dr. jj
5;all are true except
a;10% gall stones are radio opaque
3'most common cause of death in 24 hr?
b;90%gall stones are detected by usg
c:90% gall stones are radioluscent
d;10%gall stones are detected by usg
4 pansystolic murmur
d;60 kg man with h/o burn presentd in emergency
1;how will you access the severity of the burn
a;depth of the burn (please help yourself too)
b;surface area of the burn
c;weight of the patient
compiled by dr. jj
d;sex of the patient
5; streptokinase is given; further treatment by(to decrease remodelin)
2;the pt has lower left extremity burn
what is the % of burn of this patient?
d;ace nhibitor+b- blocker+aspirin
f;a case of type 2 dm
1'obese pt with h o generalised pruritus and serum creatinin level 2=5
b)changes in heart in ac. rheumatic fever
mg%;what will you give
c)why she came to hospital at this time?
4) clinical features of hiv in children.
5) major criteria of rheumatic fever?
2.which of the following is not the macrovascular complication of
6)30 yr f came with pain right hypochondrium on examination serum Page
bilirubin 4mg%,multiple stones in cbd, dilated cbd
a) write its surgical t/t
c) complication due to lft
3;true regarding type 2 dm
a; it is associated with addisons disease
a) difference between external and internal inguinal hernia
b;it is autoimmune disease
b) femoral vs inguinal hernia
relation of hernia sac and spermatic cord
c) omentocele vs enterocele
8) criteria for normal labour
5;dm is found in
9) risk factors for ca cervix
b- iron deficiency anaemia pt
c;aplastic anaemia pt
10) 102 f temperature ,vomiting ,rashes in legs
d;sickle cell disease
compiled by dr. jj
11) what are the five signs of atropinization in case of op poisioning?
what advice will you give on duty sister while managing op
g=38+ weeks pregnant lady presented in emergency with vaginal
bleeding and mild abdominal pain;she has given the h/o vaginal
12) investigation modalities in case of ca. breast .
bleeding 8 hors back
management in case of ca breast.
1;what is your most probable diagnosis
1. caustive organism of impetigo.>group a streptococcus.
2. dose of acyclovir for herpes zoster infection.>
a) 800 mg five times a day
2 pregnant lady at term;on examination no fhs heard, head at station
+2 with late decelleration;;;delivery by
3. the most abundant quantity found in clostrum milk is
a)water b)fat c)protein
h;2 month pregnant lady withc/o vomitting' severe right iliac pain
4.commonest cause of dementia.
with right lower abdominal pain and rebound tenderness is presented
1;what is your most probablke diagnosis?
.low pitch mid diastolic murmur.
a)mitral stenosis. b)tr c)as
b'ruptured ovarion cyst
c;ectopic pregnancy (please help yourself too)
6) which drug is contraindicated in ccf?
d;-intetinal obstruction compiled by dr. jj
a)propanolol. b)ace inhibitor c)ccbs
7.hematuria with rbc cast.
2;retention of urine in pregnant lady;most common cause
a)nephritic syndrome b)nephritic syndrome c)arf d)crf
nmle questions chaitra 3rd(march 17, 2007) - 17-03-2007, 04:32 pm
8.t wave inversion in ecg is seen in.
a) hypokalaemia b) hypothermia c) hycalcemia
1) causes of massive spleenomegaly?
9. which wave is seen in ecg in hypothermia?
2)signs of diabetic retinopathy?
a) j wave b) delta wave c) tall t wave
3)20 yr f/ pt came to emergency with sorthness of breath. according to
10. commonest surgical cause of cushing syndrome?
her husband she is pregnant for 2 months . on examination , pulse
a) putitary adenoma b) ectopic acth.
100, b.p. 90/60mmof hg, pulmonary oedema opn auscultaion .
(please find the answer yourself too)
11. normally anterior fontanel is close in
investigation bilirubin is raised and impaired lft.what
a)18 months b)12 months c) 8 months
drug you want to stop?
12. you a re going to drain an abscess under ketamin, which
rifampicin b)pyizinamide c)streptomycin d)ethambutal
condition you want to rule out?
a)hypertension b) diabetes c) smoking
30. which is true about hansen's disease?
a)hypoaesthesic patch, afb +ve. thickened nerve.
13.12 years old child has got high grade fever pharyngitis and
b)hypopigmented patch,afb+ve, thickened nerve
sore throat. after 4 days fever subsides and measles like rashes
appear what might be the cause?
31. a patient of multibacillary leprosy was under anti
leprotic drugs.he developed a red discoloration of skin,
a)scarlet fever b) measles c) erythema sabitum d).enteric fever
which drug is causing it ?
a) rifampicin b) dapson c) clofazimine d) minocycline
14. spalding sign denotes
a) intrauterine fetal death b) ectopic pregnancy c) molar
32. a 30 years female patient with normal vaginal delivery
with episiotomy came to the sopd with the h/o pain
during defecation and episode of bleeding on stool
15.which is the shortest pelvic diameter?
what investigation you want to do?
a)digital rectal examination b) sigmoidoscopy c) proctoscopy
16.caloric test is done for?>vestibulo coclear
d) gently apart the buttock and see.
17. when a person first time exposed to the disease in the
33. a 25 years male patient has resting tremor. on
epidemic areas is called?>
investigation he has normal t3 and t4. what is your
a) index b) primary.
diagnosis? > ?
18. cause of b/l partial loss of vision
34. a female patient on examination has b/l thyroid lump
a)temporal lesion b)glaucoma c)optic glioma d)pituitary
.what investigation you want to do initially?
(please be sure about c and d)
usg b)fnac c)tft d)biopsy
19.a female of 26 years is taking oral hypoglycaemic drugs. she
35. which one is true about bcg vaccine?
came to the gopd with the c/o vulval itching and discharge. what
given subcutaneously b)prevention against tubercular
might be the cause?
meningities c) life long protection against tuberculosis.d)
20.antemortem death due to the drowning.what is the surest sign.
36. a 23 years female patient came with labour
a) oedematous lung. b) goose skin. c) diatoms
pain.medical officer did p/v examination then he found
cervix fully,head at the level of ischial spine ani
21.what is the visual acuity for the blindness according to the
pusatile cord. what you will do next?
a)ceseration section b)forcep delivery c)ventouse d) wait and
a) 1/60 b)15/38 c)6/60 d)6/6
22.6 years boy came to the ent opd c/o pain ear.o/e there is tender
37. a 9 years boy has painful swelling on the parotid
on pressing the tragus.what is yous diagnosis?
region. which of the following vaccine may prevent
a) asom b) acute otitis externa c) mastoiditis d ) csom
a)mmr b)bcg c)opv d)dpt
23. antipsychotic drugs is used for which condition?>
nmcle 7th asad 2065
24. what is the commonest sign of schizophrenia?
a) visual hallucination b) auditory hallucination
1] drug of choice in uti with pregnenacy
a b nitrofurition c d
25. what is the weight of termed sized uterus?
a)500g b)900g c)1500g d)2000g
2] a two yrs child with running nose , sore throat , pharyngitis
26. a women of vaginal; delivery on 3rd ppd developed a mild
developed sub conjuctival hemorrhage , what is the most likey
fever. what might be the cause?
provisional diagnosis ?
a) uti b) puerperal sepsis c) breast engorgement
26. which is true about hospital acquired infection?
a)resistant to many antibiotic b)drugs for hospital acquired
3] pleomorphic rashes seen in
infection is similar to the drugs for community acquired infection
a measles b mumps c chiken pox d small pox
given by good hospital c)hospital acquired infection is not seen
4] which of the following drugs is mood stabilizer ?
27. sensitivity means ?
a chlorpromazine b promethazine c carbamazipine d proclormapazine
28. mode means?> commonly occuring value
5] anxity neurosis
29. 32 years male ,teacher by occupation., is taking att
drugs. he develops pain on right hypochondrium. on
6] thought block seen in
28] treatment of paraphimosis
7] 30 yrs adult patient has irritating eye , watering discharge with
a circumcision b c d
periorbital swelling , the most common cause is
a pyogenic conjunctivitis b viral conjunctivitis c allergic conjunctivitis
30] 40 yrs old lady in usg fibroid uterus with asymtomatic
8] a molnutrient patient develops sudden resent onset of opacity of the
a hysteria b myomectomy c hysterectomy d hysterectomy with
eye came in eye camp, the most cause is
31] most common site of breast ca
9 ] ectopic pregnancy 5 yrs
a upper and outer b c d
32] young man with rta and the most dangerous complication
10] malaria hypnozoites
a head injury b middle cerebral artery c post
33] the most comman site for lumber puncture
11] cin staining
34] deficency of ca+ causes in child
12] uterus support
a osteoporiosis b ricket c osteomalacia d
35] tetany is caused by
a decreased ca+ b c d
36] alcoholic patient with malena and hematemesis
a iv saline with blood b rl c d
15] fast putrifaction in which poisoning
37] palmar erythmia is seen in
16] mean , mode median
a liver disease b renal disease c d
17] consent is not taken in
38] the most comman cause of alopetic areata
a age estimation b rape case c postmortem
18] pyogenic meningitis
39] hypotonia , atexia and tremor seen in
a celebral lesion b c d pons
19 ] negri bodies
20] supracondylor fractor
41] drug not given in petit mal seizure
a clonazepam b c d
42] scanty, foul smelling with discharge seen in
21] septic arthritis , the most common causative agent
43]lady with sedation
22] local anaesthesia moa
a anxiolytic for sedation b c d
23] 70 yrs old , tibial fracture - which anesthesia
44] antidepressive drug causes
a cardiac arrhythmia b c d
45] 9 month child with respiratory rate 50/min , fever and dyspnea
24] 5 yrs old child with nasal block , irritant nose , the most common
a urti b pneumonia c d
46] 2 and half yrs child having visual impairment
25] drug c/i in pregnancy
a tetracycline b c d
47] measeles like rashes seen in
26] 50 yrs old man shows horseness of voice since last 3 yrs
rosea infantum b c d
48] syphilitic ulcer in vulva with painless treatment is
27 ] rda of protein
a undermined b everted c d
50] late mid diastolic mumur is heard in
17.multi drug resistent
51] the commanest congenital heart disease is
18.sars- causative virus
52] clinical question regarding rickets
19.glomerulonephritis is caused by
53.question regarding polio, neuroppathy,gbs,transverse myelitis
54.fluid given in antrum carcinoma
22.cpr ratio in child
55.who definition of blindness
56.questions regardig all in child
23.atropine c i in
24.steroid c i in
1.clinical questions regarding cholelithiasis
25.mushroom poisoning rx
2. clinical questions regarding myocardial infarction
3. clinical questions regarding burn
7.retention of urine in early pregnancy
nmcle chaitra 02-2064(march 17th-2008)
2.commonest primary bone tumour………
35.acute severe asthma
4.nifedipine-most common side effect
38.# neck of femur
39. bag and mask ventillation
40children …. common
42.kala zar drug
43.hida scan is done in
10.pyogenic bacterial meningitis-csf findings
45.pneumonia cut off point in child
14.commonest ca larynx
79.streptomycin- s e
80.rigor mortis starts from-periorbital region
82.no urine output…………
53.24 yrs 6*6cm2
54.post operatve dyspnoea-common cause
ssaqs-5 marks each
56.bone marrow transplantation
57.normal titre in typhoid
2.diarrhoea and dehydration
nmle questions 9th kartik 2065 - 27-10-2008, 07:07 pm
61. ethambutol dose in tb?
well i don't remember all the questions but here are some of them:
1. some bowel surgery was done. after a week, what would be the
63.acute flaccid paralysis d/d
symptom, if the abdomen was to burst?
a. abdominal distension
64.frost bite treatment
b. leakage of pus, secretions
65.hypothyroidism- earliest symptom
2. presence of ld bodies suggest
68.pulmonary embolism-medical emergency
3. a man with kalazar will die of
a. spleenic rupture
69.highest refractive index in
b. bacterial infection
70.uv prolapse-early prevention
a.pelvic floor exercise
4. a mydriatic drug with no cycloplegic action
a.urine output <.5 ml(1ml)/kg/hr
5. a patient taking tcas might have (tricyclic antidepressant)
a. cardiac arrythmias
b. severe headache
c. increased intracerebral pressure
75.pneumocystic carinni rx
6. a man working in cotton dusts will have ("brown lung disease" ,
76.ampulla-commonest site for ectopic pregnancy
78.safer antihypertensive drug in preg
7. which one of the following is contraindicated in corneal ulcer?
b. acute exacerbation of copd
8. which one is not associated with hypopyon?
19. which is the commonest site for large intestinal polyps?
c. corneal ulcer
b. sigmoid colon
d. transverse colon
9. if a person with acute congestive glaucoma develops blindness, it is
20. which has the maximum malignant potentiality?
a. optic atrophy
a. adenomatous polyp
b. lens degeneration
b. puetz jeghers polyp
c. vitreous hemorrhage
c. hyperplastic polyp
d. corneal opacity
i will post the rest later.
10. a person after head injury has diplopia, which nerve must have
nmcle qsns of 25th oct - 28-10-2008, 04:45 pm
i wrote some 90 qsns and i lost them.and i have no idea where did
they go.anyways.i will write them again but this time shorter
version.hope it helps!!!
11. which is the earliest sign of retinoblastoma? (cat's eye)
1) choice of contraception in young couple- ocp
b. fungating mass
2)rectal polyp with high malignancy transformation- adenomatous
d. corneal ulcer
3)painless pr bleedin bright red in colur- haemorrhoids
12. which of the following kidney stones can not be seen in xray?
4)convulsions less than 10 mins in 2 yrs child-febrile convulsions
5)fever with unconsiousness in 3 yr old child with non blanching
rashes over lower abdomen-meningococcal meningitis
6)time of iucd insertion post delivery-after 6-8 weeks
13. a post menopausal women took estrogen and he developed side
effects. if she wants to have an alternative treatment of pms, what
7)infertile couple first investigation-seminogram
would you suggest?
c. green leafy vegetables
9)lady with intense pruritus over vaginal region, type of discharge-
14. a son had a diabetic father. just to be in safe side, he went to have
10)laboring lady,suspected of face presentation, to confirm-vaginal
his blood sugar checked. which one of the following would be the
a. blood fasting sugar > 7 mmol/l
11) putrefaction-fastest in earth and slowest in water
b. blood random sugar >11 mmol/l
c. plasma two hour post prandial sugar >11mmol/l
12)blue line in gums-lead poisoning
d. glycosylated hemoglobin level > 7%
13)best way to identify living person-dactylography
15. an adult fell off a tree and broke his tibia which is a open fracture.
what would you do after resuscitation and before actual management?
14)commonest ovarian ca in 45 yrs old-epithelial
a. wash and start iv antibiotics
b. just wash and apply cast
15)pph not controlled by massaging the uterus or uterotonic,next step-
c. debride the wound and wash
b/l iliac artery ligation
16)undermined edge ulcer- tb
16. a 27 year old male had fracture intracapsular right hip. how would
a. apply skeletal traction and immobilise
17)young lady with difficulty breathing-thyroglossal cyst,brachial
b. hip joint transplantation
cyst, cystic hygroma,thymoma.search for the ans not sure about the
c. internal fixation with multiple screws.
17. which one will have life long immunity once infected?
18)lady with solitary thyroid nodule with tachycardia and sweating,tx-
19)child with constipation,prolonged physiological jaundice and
18. a man has early morning couph and sob. he has mucoid sputum.
20)lactating mother should get - iron supplement
what is the diagnosis?
21)breast feeding ci in - hep b
22)gastric juice secretion per day - 2500ml
51)4 yr old child with cyanosis of lip and nose - tof
23)calorie req of adult with sedentary lifestyle-2000kcal
will post other qsns later.i gtg right now.hope it helps.please check
24)lady after husband's death sad n takes no pleasure in anything-
the answers again some might be wrong!!!good luck
re: nmcle qsns of 25th oct - 26-11-2008, 09:14 am
25)bells palsy-unknown etiology
hi blotto.the pattern has been changed for this time.the qsns were all 29
26)abductor of vocal cord - post cricopharyngeal muscle
mcq.no short answers question!!.not sure if the next exam will be of
the same pattern or different though.
27) not related to submandibular gland- glossopharngeal nerve
here r some more questions.it has been really long time
though.almost 2 months.so i will jot down the ones i remember.
28) true about ocp-comes in 30 days pack as to maintain regularity
1.wat wud suggest pneumonia in a 2 year old child-rr of more than
29) false about ocp-vaginal monalisis is decreased
2.csf finding of raised wbc,decreased sugar and high protein-bacterial
30) puo can be due to-lymphoma
31) child with loose stool blood and mucous mixed- bacillary
3.presence of ld bodies - kala azar
4 cause of death in chronic kala azar - splenic rupture
32)live vaccine- bcg
5. cause of death in pt with chronic renail failure - hyperkalemia
33)37 weeks lady with decreased fetal movement,bestthing to do-ctg
and fetal heart pattern monitoring
6.cause of death in a pt taking tca antidepressant- cardiac arrhythmias
34)recurrent abortion at 6 and 8 weeks,presented now at 2 mths.next
7.steriods ci in- corneal ulcer
thing to do- usg
8.radiolucent renal stone- urate
35)abd pain,2 8 weeks preg, anemia and brownish p/v discharge-
9.hypopyon not seen in- scleritis
36)maintainance fluid for 30 kg child-70ml/hr
10.atropine ci in- narrow angle glaucoma
37)who setup in – 1948
11. sle is associated with- episcleritis
38)epidemic dropsy - argemone seeds
12.diagnostic of ra- involvement of small joints of hand
39)commonest tumour in aids patient - either kaposi or burkitt
13.person with head injury and raised icp and diplopia. nerve injured-
lymphoma,please check it
40)diagnostic feature of child who is hiv positive - chronic diarrhea
14.commonest cause of end stage renal disease- dm
41)sound ampilification in auditory canal done by which structure-?
15.comonnest cause of sub-arachnoid haemorrhage: rupture of berry
42)moderate dehydration treatment-search the ans please
16.one qsn about most diagnostic test for dm- fasting blood sugar >
43)h/o fall of child in outstretched hand and is able to pronate and
17.commonest site for large intestine malignancy- rectum
44)immediate complication of neck of femur fracture - sciatic nerve
18.55 yr old man having morning cough presents with shortness of
breath.he gives history of mucoid sputum- a/e of copd
45)labor with continuous fall innjur on the right shoulder,with pain
and swelling in the supraclavicular region with sensation intact-
19.child with fever and no other symptons.o/e child is active and chest
posterior dislocation of shoulder joint
has b/l crepts, antibiotic of choice- amoxycillin
46)not an acquired sinus - either preauricular or urachus.not
20.cephalosporin of choice in pseudomonas- cefazidime
21.life long immunity post infection - mumps
47)fistula is - abnormal tract lined by epi tissue connecting two viscus
22.highest chance of malignant transformation- adenomatous polyp
23.chromosomal abnormality in down's- trisomy 21
49)commonest cause of pid - chylmadia
24.open fracture of tibia,first step after resuscitation- debridement
50)bartholin cyst,tx of choice-marsipulisation
25.earliest sign of retinoblastoma- leucocoria
8)which match the best?? a:chlamydia:discharge with clump
26.young man with fracture of intracapsular fracture of hip joint,tx of
b:gonorrhea:whitish discharge c:trichomonas:profuse discharge
choice- closed reduction and internal fixation
9)60 yr patient with secondary uv prolapse and decubitus ulcer.what
27.radical tx of malaria-primaquine
would you do?? a:lefort operation b:vaginal hysterectomy with pfr
c:abdominal sling operation d:manchester operation
28. typhus caused by-rickettsia
10)32 yr female with completed family size with cervical
29.mydiatric drug with no cycloplegic action-phenylephrine
lengthening??what is the treatment of choice?? a:manchester
operation b:lefort operation c: abdominal sling operation d: vh with
30. surgical emergency-paralytic ileus
31.man with history of jaundice for 1 month,mild fever and pain
abdomen- liver abscess
11)15 year girl presented with h/o prolonged 4 days of p/v
bleeding.what is ur diagnosis?? a:dysmenorrhea b:menorrhagia
31.diagnostic of hepatitis b infection- hbsag
c:dysfunctional uterine bleeding
32.all are life threatnening except-diaphragmatic hernia
12)30 yr old female with intermenstrual bleed.what is the most likely
diagnosis?? a:cervicitis b: endometritis c: copper t insertion d:
33.child with h/o previous sore throat fever presented with joint pain
and subcutaneous nodules- rf
13)a pt is intubated.what is the reliable sign u would like to check??
34.commonest type of ca larynx- squamous cell
a: capnography b: chest auscultation c: pulse oximetry
35.false about tropical splenomegaly syndrome- can reccur after
14)target value for tb control and case detection rate in nepal??.i
couldn't remember options
36.c/i of tonsillectomy- haemophilia
15)measles vaccine is given ?? a: intradermally b:subcutaneously
c:orally d: intramuscularly
37 blood test to be dearranged in obstructive jaundice- pt
16)which is not combined vaccine?? a
olio c:measles d: bcg
38.cotton dust inhalation causes - byssinosis
17)what is true regarding bcg?? a: live vaccine b:killed c:toxoid
39.sign of wound give away in a woman with post cs scar and in
labour- maternal tachycardia
18)in pelvic inflammatory disease a combination of metronidazole
40. sign of impending wound infection post surgery-serous and pus
and which drug is given?? a:doxycycline b:ciprofloxacin c:penicillin
discharge from the wound
19)a 5 yr child with fever stridor…has glottic edema.sitting with both
41.cause of blindness in acute congestive glaucoma- optic atrophy
his hand forward.what is the most likely diagnosis??
this is all tht i can remember.sorry for posting it this late!!
a:bronchiolits b:adenoids c: acute epiglottitis d: croup
20)a 4 year child present with fever ,rr 52/min b/l wheeze.he had
nmcle chaitra 2065 questions - 09-04-2009, 10:40 pm
similar past history.what is your diagnosis?? a: acute bronchiolitis b:
bronchitis c: bronchopneumonia d:asthma
maximum questions were clinical.i couldn't remember all .i m just
writing summary of questions…
21)a 30 yr female presented with h/o …….impending
eclampsia….which is the doc for this???a: nifedipine b: methyl dopa
1)rita 22 yrs old….with h/o…….flight of ideas,thinks superior to her
c:hydralazine d: mgso4
collegue…what is the diagnosis?? ans: mania
22)which is least likely in eclampsia??a: headache b:epigastric pain c
2)what is true regarding hallucination??a:false belief b:false perception with stimuli c:false perception without stimuli
bp>120mmhg d:blurring of vision
3)iv regional anesthesia .drug of choice?? a: lidocaine b:bupivacaine
23)a 19 yr patient presented with h/o mass on left side of floor of
mouth.there is pain when he takes sour food which goes off
spontaneously.on palpation there is 3*3 cm2 mass firm mass on left
4)a patient with h/o seizure.all are drug of choice as anaesthetic agent
side on submandibular region.what is your diagnosis?? a:lymphadenitis b:ranula c:submandibular calculi
except. a:etomidate b
ropofol c: ketamine
24)one case from fibroadenoma .i couldn't remember question
5)60 yr old patient.spinal anaesthesia of choice. a:0.5% lidocaine
b:0.5% bupivacaine c:0.5% bupivacaine heavy
25)a couple presented with h/o infertility for past 14 months.what is
the first thing you would like to do?? a: semen analysis b: serum
6)which stain is used for treponoma pallidum?? a:gram stain b:giemsa
gonadotrophin c:progesterone level d:tubal patency test
stain c: dark ground d: ziehl nelson
26)a27 yr patient has h/o fall from tree.he present withpain on
7)regarding syphilis which is true??a: penicillin drug of choice in
wrist.there is mild swelling….on examination he has tenderness on
primary syphilis b: penicillin doc in secondary c: in primary and
anatomical snuff box.what is the diagnosis??a:monteggia
secondary not in tertiary d:in all stages
b:greenstick fracture c:scaphoid fracture 27)a 25yr patient presentd with 3 days h/o fe ver throat pain.on
examination there is inflammed tonsils congestion…with uvula
nasociliary , lacrimal nerve
shifted to left side .what is the diagnosis?? a:acute tonsillitis
49)xerophthalia treatment question
b:parapharyngeal abscess c:peritonsillar abscess d:pharyngitis
50)innepal vitamin a supplementation programme done for which
group??ans: 6months-5 years age group
28)one question from acute leukemia( blast cell >21% in pbs)
51)scleritis associated with which disease???ans:rheumatoid arthritis
29)one question from cll
52)what is most likely in multivalvular heart disease??ans:constrictive
30)a 45 yr patient presented with h/o….his blood pictures were
mcv>90,all peripheral counts decreased and hypersegmented
53)a 5 year boy presented with……with subconjunctival
neutrophils…what is your diagnosis?? a: acute leucopenia b:aml
haemorrhage.what is your diagnosis??ans:whooping cough
54)a 37 yr female presented with h/o vertigo.no tinnitus.no hearing
31)a patient presented with h/o gum bleeding for last 2 days ,there is
loss….she has latency of 15 seconds….what is her
no cyanosis normal skin pinch.he had joint pain 1 day back.which
diagnosis??ans:bppV(benign paroxysmal positional vertigo)
would be true regarding this?? a: aptt decreased b:pt decreased c:low
55)a 10 yr old child present with h/o impaired hearing since 3-4
days.o/e there is retracted tympanic membrane and conductive
32)regarding ab+ve blood group which is true??a: no agglutinin b:no
hearing loss.what is the diagnosis??a: csom b:asom c: ome
33)which structure is supplied by obturator nerve???a: sartorius b:
56)a 50 yr old patient presented with h/o nasal bleeding….his
adductor magnus c:hamstring
vitals……what would u do??ans:anterior nasal packing
34)while doing cystic artery ligation in cholecystectomy which
57)one question from seborrhoic dermatitis
ligament has to be cut?? a: falciform ligament b:hepatoduodenal
58)follwing would be diagnosis of hiv??a:cd4 count<300/mm3 b:
200/mm3 c:400/mm3 d:500/mm3
35)a 49 yr old female presented with h/o acute retention of urine.on
examination…there is firm and cysticmass protruding toward pouch
59)one question was from heat stroke( an army man with h/o heavy
of douglas.what would you do?? a:transurethral catheterization b:usg
exercise……temp>104 degree f .without sweating….what is your
36)a 10 yr old boy presented with h/o ballooning of prepuce and acute
60)one question was from waterhouse friedrichson syndrome( a 15 yr
retention of urine.what is the diagnosis??a: posterior urethral valve
boy with h/o fever with vomiting and rashes on ….his bp 70/50.what
is your diagnosis??)
37)in mitral stenosis which is most unlikely??a: left atrial dilatation b:
61)one question was from conn's adenoma…pt's history given.with
lvh c:pulmonary htn d:right ventricular hypertrophy
htn …serum sodium was high.and k+ low.
38)mid diastolic murmur heard in??a: ms b:mr c:tr
62)a 2 year child with h/o chest infection.failure to thrive.o/e
rr>50/min,no cyanosis……what is your diagnosis???ans:vsd
39)you are posted in phc…a 50yr pt. presented with h/o chest
pain….sob….on ecg there is st elevation in lead v2-v5 , avl.what will
63)a pt.with h/o…….on x-ray examination boot shaped heart was
you not immediately ???a:refer to tertiary centre b:administer high
seen.what is your diagnosis???ans:tetralogy of fallot
dose aspirin c:02 2litre/min d:give morphine
64)a patient presented with h/o winging of scapula…damage to which
40)how does buscopan(hyoscine butyl bromide) act??a:m2 receptor
structure would have cause this???a:axillary nerve b:radial nerve
antagonist b:m1 receptor antagonist c:m3 receptor antagonist d:m
c:long thoracic nerve
65)a pt. presented with h/o fall on outstretched hand….with shoulder
41)cause of jaundice in pregnancy ?? ans:acute fatty liver
dislocated anterior.which is the nerve damage???a: brachial b:radial
nerve c:median d:axillary nerve
42)a tourist from england went to thamel ….took fried rice.vanilla
sausage…after 4 hours he developed vomiting…diarrhea….which
66)a patient was transfuse 6 units of whole blood…which is false
organism is responsible for this???a:staph aureus b:clostridium
regarding this??a:thrombocytopenia b
perfringes c:e. toxigenic e.coli d:bacillus cereus
43) regarding rheumatic heart disease what is the sequence of valve
67)a patient known case of hiv presented with h/o white plaques on
oral cavity.on staining pseudohyphae was seen.which organism
would have cause this??a:histoplasmosis b:cryptococcus c:candida
44)which poisoning result in optic atrophy ?? ans:methyl poisoning
45)a 45 yr female presented with flat topped pinkish lesion ….on
68)a 55 year pt. presented with h/o dvt.which investigation would
volar aspect of hand??what is ur diagnosis.??ans:lichen planus
you like to send?? a:usg b: venograph c: ct d:doppler
46)in macconkey's agar medium which causes lactose
69)a patient present with h/o suggestive of abdominal aortic
aneurysm.which test would you like to send for diagnosis?? a:ct
abdomen b:usg abdomen c:aortogram
47)one question was from throttling.idon't remember the question
70)there was one question from epidemics
48)cornea is supplied by which nerve?a:maxillary others were b:
71)after polio which disease is targeted for eradication from
12)one case was given regarding asthma….first fluticasone was
nepal??ans:measles(not sure.check out yourself)
given.then changed to budesonide.then beclomethasone.what is true
regarding this??a:beclomethasone is more potent b: budesonide is
72)which drug combination would likely responsible for congestive
more potent c:fluticasone is more potent c:all r equal in potentcy
cardiac failure??a:atenolol+nifedipine b:atenolol+verapamil
13) which decreases gastric secretion>??ans:somatostatin
73)a 32 yr patient with a h/o neck swelling(thyroid) since 20
14) a 40 year old patient …with h/o …had fracture femur…what is
years….for the last one month the mass has increased rapidly.
the volume of blood loss??a:1000 ml b:1500 ml c:2000 ml d: 2500 ml 32
o/emass is hard ……what is most likely diagnosis??a:anaplastic ca
b:papillary ca thyroid c: follicular ca
15)a 45 year pt with h/o diabetes…presented with multiple ulcer in
the nape of the neck.what is your diagnosis??ans:carbuncle
74)by direct ophthalmoscope image is magnified how many times
??a:10 times b:20 times c:5 times d:15 times
16) a pt. presented with h/o 14 hours of wound……what would you
do??ans: debridement cleaning and antibiotics
75)a patient with h/o discomfort on eye since 2 days…o/e dendritic
ulcer was seen.what is the diagnosis?? a: herpes simlex infection
17) kancha 14 year old boy with loss of consciousness , uprolling of
b:fungal ulcer c:bacterial infection
eye….had his wet pant….what is your diagnosis?? a:anxiety neurosis
76)an obese patient with recent loss of weight….his random blood
glucose level is 250 mg%.what would you like to do?? a: advice
18)regarding arf which is not the major criteria??ans: leucocytosis
exercise b: start glitazone c: start insulin d:start metformin
19)match the best?? there were two right answer a:x-linked recesive:
77)a 2 yrchild presented with h/o bleeding per rectum……o/e maroon
haemophilia another was x linked dominant: vitamin d resistant
colored stoll was seen….tenderness on right iliac fossa??what is
yourdiagnosis??a:acute appendicitis b:acute intussuception c:meckel's
20)a 55 years male presented with loc since 7 hours …he had h/o
alcohol intake history for 20 years.what would be your first line of
78)one question was from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
management??a:start 25% dextrose immediately b:inj thiamine c:wait
for blood glucose level
79)one was from rheumatoid arthritis
21)all are true regarding parasympathetic activity except ??ans :
80)one question was from breast milk
re: nmcle chaitra 2065 questions - 10-04-2009, 12:33 am
true regarding parasympathetic action in eye??
will update other questions soon.
1)in all condition dpt vaccine is given except??ans
23) a patient with h/o trauma by while playing foot ball on epigastrc
region 2 weeks back.on examination fluctuant cystic mass was found
at epigastrium.what is the diagnosis??a
2) a 8 kg child with sunken eyes….eager to drink….what would you
b:rectus sheath hematoma c:false aneurysm of aorta
do??ans:600ml fluid in first 4 hours
3)which diseas transmit both by droplet and food borne??a:cholera b
clinical vignettes (topics only .total 10*5=50)
1.organo phosphorous poisoning
4)cap most common organism???ans:s. pneumoniae
5) a pt. came with h/o……he couldn't see on left temporal region and
4.t.b meningitis 5.cns infection
rt. nasal region……where is the lesion??ans
7.active phase of labour ? aph
6)tribadism is a condition characterized by??a:sex of man with
8.acute rheumatic fever
woman b: sex of woman with woman c:sex of man with man d:sex of
7)one question was related to amniotic fluid.i couldn't remember
options.they were regarding electrolytes value of amniotic fluid
8) a 15 yr old student….with pain on medial epicondyle while writing….what is your diagnosis?? a:tennis elbow b:golfer's elbow c:student elbow 9) a 6 yr old child with u/l nasal obstruction….foul smelling discharge.what is the diagnosis?? ans: fb in nose 10)all are true regarding dentition except??ans: 3rd molar in 12 years 11)one case was from open angle glaucoma….age group related to this??a:<40 years b: 20-40 years c:>8 years d:>40 years
Dopage au quotidien Un document de base d'Addiction Suisse 1. Introduction A en croire les médias, on assiste à une augmentation de la tendance à recourir aux artifices les plus divers pour augmenter sa performance au travail et dans la vie privée. Même des personnes en parfaite santé n'hésitent pas à intervenir dans le fonctionnement de leur corps. Une pratique qui n'a rien de nouveau. Dans le domaine du physique ce souci d'optimisation, nourri par l'obsession contemporaine de la beauté et de la performance, se traduit déjà, du moins dans certains milieux, par la chirurgie esthétique, la médecine sportive et les médicaments « lifestyle » (par exemple les produits anti-âge). En matière de sport, le dopage a déjà provoqué un vaste débat éthique et philosophique, non seulement en raison des risques qu'il comporte pour la santé, mais surtout du manque de fair-play dont les sportifs de compétition font preuve, de l'avis général, en se procurant ainsi des avantages injustifiés sur leurs adversaires. Cette controverse a débouché sur l'établissement de règles concernant l'utilisation des produits dopants. En revanche, la discussion sur l'emploi de ces derniers dans le cadre de la vie privée et professionnel e ne fait que commencer.
This article appeared in a journal published by Elsevier. The attached copy is furnished to the author for internal non-commercial research and education use, including for instruction at the authors institution and sharing with colleagues. Other uses, including reproduction and distribution, or selling or licensing copies, or posting to personal, institutional or third party